Below are the talks that I have given so far. Feel free to contact me if you would like me to give a talk at your event. I have been programming professionally for many years and I am very interested in how we can get better at communicating our ideas when build software both at a beginner and experienced level. I am also interested in talking about how we can bring more empathy into what we do in the tech industry.
- Continual Code Review
- Given at the Code Camp Wellington 2016 conference.
- A talk about pair programming, advantages, pitfalls, and tips.
- Micro App Deploys
- Given at WellRailed the Wellington Ruby user group.
- A talk about Dokku and my experiences using it to deploy to a VPS.
- Lightning Talk on the Virtus Gem
- Given at WellRailed the Wellington Ruby user group
- Talking about using Virtus for things like Form Objects.
- Programming for People
- Given at the first RailsGirls Wellington
- Brief history of programming and why it is important to keep people in mind when you program.